Thursday, April 22, 2010

moo

I feel like a dairy cow today. Lucy loves her milk, but after almost 8 months of nursing it's starting to get a little... old. Especially when I trotted up the stairs today to pull my two formal dresses out of the closet, the only two I have, the two that I bought for a couple of occasions we went to before we got married. I was so excited about the upcoming formal, organized by the students for the end of the year. Looking forward to getting all dressed up again after losing all that baby weight. I still pulled it out with trepidation, though, wondering if I would have to eat "light" for the next week until the event. But no amount of eating light will fix this problem. Both dresses fit beautifully. Hug my hips, fall perfectly around my ankles. Until you get to the... um... top. That area where nothing fits when you're nursing a baby. No amount of poking, prodding or adjusting would work. I'm just not proportionate. Period. It's not going to happen.

Let me add that this was the formal event that I planned my trip to Texas around and booked a more expensive plane ticket a day later so I could be here for it.

I guess we can cancel the babysitter now. I can't afford a new dress, so it looks like Mommy gets to stay home with Lucy while I send always-the-same-size-no-matter-what Hubs out in his handsome, black suit to dance alone.

Sigh. Pardon me while I go pout and eat my weight in brownies and ice cream. There's nothing to stay skinny for now, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment