Tuesday, February 9, 2010

monotony

I'm learning to be content with the monotony of home life. I know that my life has value, but at times when I'm up to my elbows in poop on one end and mushy pears on the other, I tend to lose sight of that value.

Sometimes I think that if I wash the same boxers, t-shirts and sticky bibs one more week in the laundry, my washer really will explode. Wash the dog, the dishes, the clothes, the floor... and then start it all again as soon as (and sometimes before!) it's done. I look forward to Lucy's naps not for the break it affords anymore, but as a solid chunk of productive time where I can truly work hard on this house with no interruptions. I love my little chunky monkey, but I do get tired of the whining and scooting off the blanket and pooping and just fussing to be cuddled when I'm in the middle of something "important."

I do believe that time with my daughter is very important, but how do I learn to prioritize that into my busy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment