Thursday, February 11, 2010

soreness

I woke up stiff and tired this morning. Maybe shoveling 2 feet of snow took it out of me yesterday! So I made some packaged cinnamon rolls for breakfast, started the laundry back up after yesterday's hiatus, fed Lucy her pears, and officially began my day.

Lately I feel like I'm learning how to run marathons when I'm accustomed to sprinting. For the last 10 years of my life (maybe more), I've been functioning on the semester schedule. College, seminary, even Hubs' job runs on semesters. Work has always seemed easier when I was working toward a short-term goal. "I can make it to December," or "The summer is just around the corner," and, "Sleep will happen when the classes are over..." etc. But now I wake up every morning and realize that each day, no matter the season, no matter the date, is pretty much just the same as the last. My work is just as (if not more) valuable as it was during the past years, but it just doesn't have an end date or an off time. It feels as if there is nothing to really look forward to except more of the monotony.

I pray in the months and years to come that God will continue to teach me the value in my daily life, the joy in being able to teach and encourage my beautiful daughter and any brothers and sisters that He may have in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment