Saturday, February 13, 2010

saturday

Last night I came down with the cleaning bug. I had been meaning to do all of this for a while, combination of soon-to-be crawler and Hubs who has recently developed allergies to... well, just about everything, has given me the incentive to clean my house very thoroughly. I started the project yesterday afternoon while Lucy was down for nap, and last night after she went to bed I finished. Scrubbed the floors, the walls, the bathroom, chairs, couch, dog, everything!

Hubs had to work last night and didn't get home until almost 11pm. So I turned on the Olympic opening ceremony and spent that time tearing the house and putting it back together - much cleaner than it came apart. Today I woke up sore, tired, and very pleased with myself.

Today Hubs went back to work, all day presbytery meeting, and Lucy and I set out for Sears and BJ's to get paint chips and do the quarterly stock up on essentials. We made it to Sears. A few paint chips later, Mommy realized how sore and tired she really was, and the bitter cold wind wasn't making it any better. So home we came, where I succeeded in tearing all of the wallpaper off of the bathroom walls (to make way for the paint I picked out today!), and then collapsed on the couch to play video games while Lucy napped and Murry laid on my feet.

Hubs came home and is now fixing supper while Lucy scoots around on the floor. It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment