Friday, March 26, 2010

alone

I hate days that Hubs has to work really late. It seems even more distressing on Fridays. He usually works from home on Fridays. But every 3 months all of the campus ministers from the Northeast get together at a central location (which means that Hubs and his area coordinator have to drive 3 hours, too) to talk about their ministries. Great time for the guys, tough time for the wives.

But today Lucy and I tried to make the best of it. We spent the morning at the grocery store picking up all of the last minute things that Hubs needs for his detox that starts tomorrow, then we came home and I called up a good friend and asked if we could come hang out. She has a little guy, Seth, that's 2 months younger than Lucy. We packed up and went over for the afternoon, Lucy and Seth poked at each others faces and sucked on each others bald heads, and Jenn and I ate sushi, talked Mommy woes, and swapped cute baby stories. It was a good way to break up a long day.

Lucy and I came home, ate our supper (she gulped down a whole container of green beans tonight without complaint!), read our night-night books, and I tucked my beautiful little munchkin into bed. Now I'm getting ready to curl up on the couch in my sweats with a cup of hot cocoa, and watch a little HGTV or something else totally girlie. So maybe lonely days aren't so bad... but Fridays with Daddy are definitely better.

No comments:

Post a Comment