Tuesday, March 30, 2010

sickly

Lucy has had what the pediatrician calls a "throat virus" (whatever the heck that is) for the last few days. Which basically means her throat hurts, she has been running a fever, and has been incredibly cranky. I've had the same thing, but I don't get the luxury of whining about it and having someone cuddle me. Instead, I have learned the joy of the Mommyhood while sick - act like you aren't actually sick. Keep downing the fluids like you should be, but sleep is unheard of with a sick 6 month old. Instead I've been up the last two nights every 45 minutes with her grumping and wanting to nurse her pain away. Sweet that she wants to cuddle with her mama, frustrating that I feel so rotten but get woken up every time I start to drift off.

She's starting to feel better, although this morning I put my finger in her mouth to discover that she is now starting to cut that first tooth! So it may be a while before she and I get a good night's rest again. In the meantime, I will have to keep an extra supply of hugs and kisses in store for my grumpy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment