Thursday, March 25, 2010

shopping

Hubs is starting a detox program on Saturday. The skin ailments that have been plaguing him for the last year that are apparently undiagnosable by any physician, dermatologist, or allergist are growing worse, so we have researched and selected an intense cleanse for his body. Pray for me. He can't eat anything but juice all weekend! Hopefully he won't eat me...

In preparation for the detox, we journeyed to the local bulk grocery store this morning to buy all of the carrots, celery, spinach, apples, etc that we have to juice for him to drink all weekend. I put Lucy in the Bjorn, which she enjoys so much better than her stroller or the basket. But today I learned the dark side of the Bjorn. Lucy pooped, blew out her diaper, got poopy all over her, her clothes, me... Then, as I was changing her (in the car!), I discovered that the spare outfit I've been keeping in the diaper bag doesn't fit her anymore! My little chubby girl is outgrowing everything! After a couple of attempts to squeeze her into it anyway, I gave up, strapped her into her carseat in just a diaper and socks, wrapped her blanket around her, and we drove home. She sang so happily back there all the way home, I think it's her new favorite way to ride! Thank goodness it was in the 60's out there today, though, and she didn't have to do that with snow coming down or something!

Ah... the joys of the Mommyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment